London, 10 January 2011 - Impax Asset Management Group plc, ("Impax" or the "Company"), the AIM listed investment manager focused on the environmental sector, today announces its final audited results for the year ended 30 September 2010.
- Assets under management ("AUM") up 44% to £1,823 million (2009: £1,263 million)
- Post year end, further increase in AUM to £2,251 million by 31 December 2010
- Revenues up 48% to £15.3 million (2009: £10.4 million)
- Profit before tax of £5.2 million (2009: £2.5 million), boosted by £1.0 million from the redemption of a loan note
- Earnings per share (adjusted) up 33% to 3.50 pence (2009: 2.63 pence)
- Long-only listed equity strategies managed by Impax have, on average, returned 69.3% over 5 years to 31 December 2010 (in Sterling), compared to 23.6% for the MSCI World Index
- Proposed dividend of 0.60 pence per share (2009: 0.40 pence per share), with a record date of 11 February 2011 and payment on or around 11 March 2011
- Shareholder's equity up 22%, from £13.9 million to £16.9 million
Keith Falconer, Chairman, commented:
"The backdrop to environmental investing has continued to strengthen over the past 12 months as governments around the world have declared ambitious policies to reduce pollution, improve energy security and stimulate the growth of domestic clean technology sectors.
"Evidence continues to build that the environmental sector is growing more rapidly than the overall economy, and Impax is ideally positioned to build its base of institutional clients who are interested in allocating capital to this area."
Ian Simm, Founder and Chief Executive, commented:
"Impax is one of the few investment managers with a successful, long-term track record of investing in the environmental sector. With over £2 billion of assets under management, a scalable business model and a network of powerful distribution partners, we are well positioned for further growth."
There will be a conference call for analysts at 9.00am on Monday, 10 January. A copy of the presentation will be available on the Impax website at www.impax.co.uk.
|Impax Asset Management Group plc|
|Keith Falconer, Chairman|
|Ian Simm, Chief Executive||020 7434 1122|
|Execution Noble & Co|
|John Riddell, Director||0203 429 1426|
|Gay Collins||0203 128 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|07798 626 282|
|Lisa Haines||0203 128 email@example.com|
|07841 293 949|