Impax aspires to best practices across all aspects of the management of its listed and private equity investments. Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") considerations are embedded within our rigorous ten step investment process for listed equities. Failure by a company to reach the required ESG score will prevent our investment.
Impax engages with investee companies and undertakes long term engagement to improve practice and disclosure across their governance and sustainability activities. In 2017, Impax undertook 66 proactive ESG engagement initiatives. We view proxy voting as a key activity in the ongoing dialogue with companies in which we invest. We are committed to ensuring the consistent exercise of voting rights associated with shares held in investment mandates where proxy voting has been delegated to us. Impax supports the UK Stewardship Code and complies with its guidelines regarding proxy voting and engagement. We publically disclose a summary of our proxy voting activity on a quarterly basis.
We are additionally members of (or signatories to):
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC)
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association (UKSIF)
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- Low Carbon Finance Group and
- UK Stewardship Code.