Impax Asset Management Limited attaches great importance to Environmental, Social and Governance issues. Our approach to these is highlighted below:
- Environment: The environment is at the forefront of our investment philosophy and working practices. We follow a strict internal environmental policy in order to maintain a sustainable working environment.
- Social: We are fully committed to international standards on health and safety, human and labour rights as signatories of the PRI and take possible social effects from our investments into consideration.
- Governance: We are committed to ensuring the highest level of transparency and integrity, mitigating any conflicts of interest and communicating openly and frequently with our investors.
We incorporate the above into our rigorous investment process through a thorough examination of company management, governance ownership, risks and ESG disclosures. Each company must be approved by the investment committee on these criteria before it enters a list of investable stocks.
We are additionally members of (or signatories to):
- Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC)
- Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR)
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association (UKSIF)
- UK Stewardship Code
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)